Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I woke up in a wonky mood this morning. The kind of mood when I know I'm 'off' and could care less about snapping out of it. Where I almost expect and want things to go badly, just so I can stay in my pissed off mood.

Definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

Definitely do not want to be thankful this morning. 

Definitely have probably dragged you down with me in this somber mood. So let me put on a forced smile and be thankful about some things in my life. 

Fake it till you make it, right?

I am thankful that my kitchen is no longer in the middle of the house. Now that it is in the back corner, you can sit in the living room and not even know that the dishes are piled high and the counters need to be cleaned.

If I need a glass of water, I'll just do it with my eyes closed. 

I am thankful for sunny, warm afternoons.

I am thankful for walks with the husband and dogs.
And when the sun shines in my eyes.

I am thankful for amazing friends who encourage my craziness and even give me tips on accomplishing my outlandish aspirations.
This said friend's name is Nora, who is attempting to qualify for the Boston Marathon and rocks my running socks off. Although she is my fastest friend, she always slows down to run my pace. Now that is a true friend!

Yes, that is an old picture of our Memphis weekend. Recycling is good.

I am thankful for having an active husband, who I can coerce into running with me. 
Funny how I've been training months for a half marathon, and this man can keep up without barely breaking a sweat. And when I say funny, I mean totally makes me sick.

However, I am NOT thankful for my wacky hair in the above photo.

I am thankful for progress in the craft/game room. And having a handy husband.
I'm gathering my inspiration from Pinterest. Pinterest is heaven for the decorating dummies like me.
 {via}
 {via}
I am thankful for the awesome rock climbing around Northwest Arkansas. The husband and I ventured out to Lincoln Lake a few weekends ago and we loved every minute of it! 
 Of course, I'm not nearly as skilled as Josh is, but I can hold my own on 5.7 routes like this one.
Well, look at that. Apparently I did have a lot to be thankful for today.

And you know what, I'm in a much better mood now. 

Faking it DOES make it. 

I hope that you have a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment