Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What Month Is It?!

Are we already in October?! What the heck?! Where did September go?

Oh, that's right. Moving can completely suck away time.

Speaking of time sucking away, the St. Louis Marathon is in exactly 19 days! Agh! SO not as prepared as I hoped to be at this point.

Ideally, I would have hit every speed run in September and increased my average pace. Sadly, during these past couple of weeks, the best I now hope for is to merely finish my long runs and hope to get in a few shorter runs in between.

These life changes have made it super hard to focus on my goal. Frustration! I wish I was one of those people who, when stressed, ran. I, on the other hand, cement my butt to a couch and drown in a sea of Parks and Recreation episodes while stuffing my face with tortilla chips.

I have such a strange obsession with tortilla chips. Preferably Mission Chips. They call to me. Literally, I hear them whispering my name now.

But readers, I'm holding something back. I am not mentioning something in particular, in fear that I might jinx it.

I really don't want to jinx it. But here I go...

I'm not injured! I am 3.5 weeks out until the race and no physical setbacks have occurred! This is so incredibly amazing, and I attribute it to 1)consistent strength training at the beginning and 2)gradual mileage increases by no more than 10% each week.

I'm crossing every finger, toe, and limb that I can continue to train smart these last few weeks.

Would you mind crossing a toe or two for me too? Thanks a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment