Monday, January 17, 2011

Walking in Memphis

This past weekend was pure bliss.

I took Friday off from work and drove an easy 4 hours to Memphis where I met a few of my best friends for a fabulous girls weekend. Nora (aka: Miss Law School Student & Marathoner) lives in a beautiful condo in the middle of downtown, which is where Kara (aka: Miss World Traveler & Lover of all things Chick-fil-A) and I met for our weekend of food and fun!

The beautiful lobby.


And the wonderful view from the rooftop.


When Nora, Kara, and I get together the main theme is always food! First thing we did was make a huge  batch of granola to snack on all weekend.

Friday night we got our BBQ fix at Rendezvous, which is famous for their amazing selection. After we stuffed our faces with pulled pork and barbecue nachos, we went back to Nora's and ate way too many of her famous Krispies.
Lets just say, we all went to bed with tummy aches. (However Saturday night was much worse; there was nothing left of batch number dos. Cough Nora Cough)

But that's okay, because we woke up early to get in a fabulous 3 mile run! I'm usually not motivated to run in the morning, but with these girls we kicked some major booty 2 days in a row!
We were exhausted!
After cleaning up, we stuffed our faces again at the Blue Plate Cafe for breakfast. Yum! While I never thought I'd be a city girl, the fact that all the restaurants were in walking distance was quite convenient and charming! I might be convinced to give up a big yard and move to a city after all.

Oh, in the middle of all the face stuffing I did get my veggies in. See that little, bitty, tiny sugar snap pea? Yea, I ate that. No big deal.
And what is a girl's weekend without a dance party? We watched Step-Up 3, but we shouldn't have wasted our time...we already knew all the moves.


Side note: I burned my hair in a candle. How a person with short hair leans far enough over to burn her hair, I do not know. But I do know this: burnt hair does not smell nice however it does result in rolling laughter for hours afterwards.

I am so blessed to have these amazing women in my life. It doesn't matter how long we have been apart, friends who are soul-mates stay close no matter the distance. I love listening to their life's troubles, accomplishment, and dreams and I know I can spill out mine without hesitation. We can talk for hours or sit in silence with complete comfort in just being with each other. I pray that you have friends as dear and true as this.

Kara and Nora, I love you!!! Can we please do this again soon?!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! Totally jealous of the Krispies

    ReplyDelete