Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Agh! Did you know today is Thursday? Which means today is Thankful Thursday. Which means I almost forgot to post what I am thankful for today. Phew, that was a close one. I know you were so very concerned that I hadn't checked in yet, but you can rest calmly now. Here we go.

1. I am thankful that my husband fixed my car last week. Luckily, he's not one who's afraid to make mistakes. If he doesn't know how to do it, YouTube is his best friend. And while an auto-mechanic 'quoted' us for a $1000+ fix, my Hubby did it himself for 50 bucks. Take that over-priced mechanic! My husband rocks.

2. I am thankful tomorrow is pay day. I mean, who doesn't love pay day? Makes all the craziness seem worth it.

And did I get a face-full of crazy today.

Exhibit A:

3. I am thankful I got to run today. I have taken the past 3 days off due to the St. Louis Half Marathon and I plan to only run a few miles, as to not over do it.
We actually went to a really snazzy and cool fitness club in Fayetteville to cash in our guest pass and I loved every minute of it.
Club Haus has a real modern feel to it, state-of the art equipment, and awesome group classes like Bodypump, Pilates, Hot Vinyasa, and even ballet barr classes! The down side includes no pool and the steep price of $79.99 a month for a family of two. Ouch. Guess we'll keep shopping for the perfect gym.

4. I am thankful that this amazing recipe got two thumbs up at the Clark abode last night. Anything with the words 'soup', 'potato' and 'cheese' is bound to be good in my book!

Plus Jenna is a complete genius.
5. I am thankful for fall TV. I swear our DVR is so backed up, we would last months through another writer's strike.
Remember when they had that writer's strike a few years back. Man, my entertainment levels sure suffered during those times. Those were dark, dark times my friends. I had to resort to reruns, board games, and face-to-face conversations with people. Lets just stop talking about it...

6. I am thankful I have two dogs, that way they keep each other entertained and I don't have to pay as much attention to them. I'm only slightly kidding. Sort of.
Seriously kidding. But it is nice that they play with each other all day, then sleep soundly at night. This gal isn't gonna complain.

7. I am thankful it is cold and raining. Scratch that. I'm just thankful it is cold so I can wear my cute jackets and scarfs. I definitely don't prefer the rain.

Cold rain just makes me want to snuggle up with my hubby by the fireplace and drink hot tea. Actually, now that I think about it, that doesn't sound too bad.

Okay, so another edit: I AM thankful for the cold and rain. Anything that increases snuggle time is more than welcome!

8. I am thankful it is documentary night in the Clark household. Film of choice: Forks over Knifes.
This might result in another vegetarian/vegan experiment again. You in Josh?

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment