Monday, January 9, 2012

Goodbye 2011


So, yea. This post was due well over a week ago, but between the holidays and my obsession with The Hunger Games Triology, I've been WAY too busy to set aside 20 minutes to blog. I wish I could blame it on spending way to much time logging miles in the 'ole Asics, but sadly I've been battling stupid non-running-related injuries which have kept me sidelined for the past few weeks. 

But alas, my holidays were splendid. They were spent with my favorite people and I was reminded how blessed I am. Kind of like this past year.

2011 was pretty amazing, to say the least.

We saw lots of snow at the beginning of the year.

A lot of time was spent with friends.


I rocked some awesome races:

 

 We went on a family cruise.

 Josh and I spent my birthday in Hot Springs, hiking and staying at our family's lake house.

We celebrated our 1 year anniversary!



My mom got a pool.
 And we got a puppy!

At the beginning of the year I proclaimed my love for new year resolutions and set a few for myself. Lets see how I faired...

1. Run a 5K, 10K, and half marathon; and set a new PR
Partially accomplished: I completed a 5k and a half marathon and set personal records in both. Wahoo! But I never even signed up for a 10k.

2. Save 20% of our yearly income
Done! Despite the cost of moving, we were still able to keep our savings at 20%, with $8 surplus. 

3. Take a photography class
Complete fail: Never gave this more than a second thought. 

4. Become more confident in my sewing abilities.
Between baby showers and the need to decorate my house, I consider this partially completed. I suppose you can say I am more confident in my abilities, I still have no real clue what I am doing. 

Taking this time to reflect over 2011 has me even more excited for the possibilities of this new year. Stay tuned for the epic resolutions of 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Will you please be my financial consultant? I am so terrible at saving and I have no idea why. We don't eat out a lot, we only go to half-priced movie night, and I don't like shopping. What gives??! I would like to be able to save even 10%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley- We set a monthly budget and a certain amount automatically deposits into our savings account. We always save more because sometimes we have to dip onto it (like this year when we unexpectantly moved to Fayetteville). You can do it!

    ReplyDelete