Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day 5K

Josh and I usually have a pretty relaxed Valentine's Day. Typically, you will find us spending the day with a good movie and a stuffed-crust pizza. We are not ones to fight crowds or pay for over-priced meals and this year was no different. 

We actually had a Valentine's Day weekend since the 14th falls on Monday and Josh's Monday school-schedule doesn't leave much room for celebration. Saturday started with a Sweetheart Valentine's Day 5k. I absolutely loved this race! First off, the race didn't even start until 11:30...sweet!! And second, the men and women ran at separate times. This worked out beautifully because 1) Josh and I were able to cheer each other on at the finish lines, and 2) The trail was a little narrow. 
Due to the recent weather, the trail was a little icy but the views made up for the less-than-ideal running conditions.
The women ran first. Here I am coming around the final bend.
This was a really good race for me! I felt strong and kept a good pace throughout. Even though I didn't reach my goal of sub 30:00, I did set a PR for my 5K time! 30:35 (Making some progress on resolution #1!)
Next up: The boys. These guys looked pretty serious and meant business.
Can you spot Mr. Clark?
Digging deep and sprinting the last couple of meters.
Smashing his goal of a sub 30, 28:00 even!
He rocks my face off.

Then Sunday we had a wonderfully cooked homemade meal by yours truly. I'm too lazy to upload any photos but we had sausage-stuffed pork chops, baked potatoes, and steamed asparagus. And for dessert, chocolate creme brulee. Believe you me, it was delicious! 

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment