Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

Hello Stranger! I have been MIA for over a week and a lot has happened here at the Clark Abode: I celebrated my 25th birthday!! I always thought 25 sounded so old, but my life is just beginning! I'm excited to see what my 25th year of life brings.

Josh and I traveled to Hot Springs where we spent the weekend at my family's lake house. While the weather wasn't ideal, who couldn't love waking up to this each morning?
Then sipping coffee in your favorite room; it's Ajax's favorite room too. windows=prime bird watching ability!
Friday evening, my mom and grandmother drove up from Little Rock and treated us to a birthday dinner! Then Saturday Josh and I went hiking at Hot Springs National Park.
In its entirety, Sunset Trail is 20 miles there and back, however, rain caused us to head back early, only allow us to cover 8 miles. We saw lots of this.
And some of that.
 And of course, Josh found gross boy-things along the path. Shedded snake skin, anyone?
Like father like daughter: Ajax could not figure this little guy out.
 
Sadly, I was SUPER sore the next morning; my poor ankles and calves were not used to the rough and hilly terrain. Needless to say, my 25 year old body was feeling the prior day's adventures. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be... :) 

Now, don't run off for too long because I have some exciting news to share with you... check back tomorrow for the reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment