Tuesday, January 24, 2012

11

I was tagged in the fun '11' post going around the blog world by little Mrs. Pregnant Hannigan and thought today would be the perfect day to share. Because, you know, beautiful Tuesdays in January are the ideal days for tagged posts. Right?

The Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post. And then create 11 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.

Let the fun begin! I know you guys are just dying to know more about me. Why else would you read my blog that is all about my boring, mundane life?

11 Fun (or not so fun) facts:
1. I danced for 16 years of my life, 6 of which were competitive. I wasn't bad, but I sure wasn't best. But as a result, I can rock the Kinect and Wii dance games. Seriously, I got some moves. Challenge me.
2. I had a pot belly pig growing up. He was black and his name was Babe. He was then ran over by my cousin while he was backing out of the drive way. Tragic.
3. I hate tomatoes. I want to like tomatoes- they are so pretty and look so juicy and tasty, but every time I try one, YUCK! So nasty.
4. I studied abroad in Australia for 3 months during undergrad. It was the best time of my life and I am so blessed I was able to do travel there. Australia/New Zealand= best place in the world.
5. I was looking through our honeymoon pictures the other day and it made me want to A)grow out my hair, B)kick butt in the gym, and C)start a count down to our vacation.
6. My brother won a 5-day cruise in March, but insisted that he didn't want to go and talked my dad into giving the vacation to Josh and I. Free vacation? Yes please!
7. Whenever I begin to have baby fever, I look at my bank account, my travel plans, my running/triathlon goals, and remind myself I get to sleep in on Saturday and it usually satisfies my cravings. Usually.
8. My husband does the majority of the cleaning. That, my friends, is the benefit of having a spouse go to school full time. Coming home to a clean house daily is quite amazing.
9. I'm really interested in vegetarian/vegan eating for health reasons. I try to only eat meat 1x a week, maximum, and that is only because I think my husband would die if I didn't feed him meat.
10. I am currently in a wonderful girls Bible study and we just started my first Beth Moore study. I am taking the huge challenge of (trying) to memorize the book of James. So far, I am incredibly shocked by the blessings I've received by reciting the few verses I now know. I can only imagine how my relationship is going to grow over the next few months!
11. In elementary school, my friend and I started a duet dance group named The Spandex Twins. We chose that name because the only thing we owned that matched were a pair of spandex shorts.  We sold out at every performance. Obviously.

Jennifer's Questions for me:
1. What is your favorite blog? Ooh, started off with a hard one. Probably Jenna of Eat, Live, Run because I love her writing voice and recipes, and I'm super jealous of her California life. But The Pioneer Woman is a close second.
2. If you had a completely free day to do whatever you wanted, how would you spend it? Sleep in. Run. Have a big brunch. Read. Take the dogs to the dog park. Then win the lottery.
3. What is your biggest food weakness and why? Pizza. Even bad pizza is good pizza!
4. What is one skill/talent you would love to learn? I wish I could sing, but I'm so bad no one could ever help me. So, more realistically, I'd love to play the piano
5. What is one thing your dream house would have to have? Only one thing? A huge front and back porch/deck. (Okay, I cheated- that was really two)
6. What is your favorite TV show of all time? Seinfield. It's classic and it will ALWAYS be funny.
7. What is your favorite childhood toy and why? My Barbie Mansion. It had an elevator. Enough said.
8. If you were to have a patronus (a shield against dark forces that takes on the shape of an animal) like in Harry Potter, what animal would yours be? A white tiger. Dementors are probably terrified of white tigers.
9. Where did you grow up and would you change that location if you could? Central Arkansas- And no, I wouldn't change it for the world.
10. Are you a dog or cat person? Or neither? Why? Both! While I have two dogs, I LOVE kitties! If I had a huge house and yard, I would have lots and lots of dogs and cats. The more the merrier (as long as someone else fed and cleaned up after them).
11. What is something you always dread? Folding laundry. Always

My questions for you:
1. Mac or PC?
2. What is a song you can't help but dance to?
3. Do you collect anything or have way too much of something?
4. How do you separate your clothes while doing laundry? This may seem like a boring question, but I always wonder if there are better ways to do it.
5. What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
6. What would be your last meal on earth?
7. Where do you have no desire to travel to?
8. How would you describe your decorating style?
9. Name something you are really good at. Go ahead, brag!
10. Did you have a pet growing up?
11. What is your dream career?

Tag! You're it!
(Because I'm cool, I'm only tagging a few people. Fun fact #12: I'm rebellious)
Jessi of Jessi Makes Things
Shelley of Mile High Healthy
Bonnie of Sweet Caroline and Thomas
Lindsey of The Savvy Speechie
Stephanie of Run, Knit, Get Hitched
Errign of Errign's Adventures
Sommer of The Leonards
Lauren of The Stewarts Living


1 comment:

  1. Bahaha shut the front door- just spit my drink out everywhere!

    ReplyDelete