Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekend Plans

While my husband plans to build a fence this weekend (manual labor..yuck!), I plan to sit by the pool.

Just in case you were wondering, I have no intention of exercising. 

And I have every intention of stuffing my face full of food.

Don't judge me. I need cheat days...or weekends...or weeks. 

Ugh, give me more chocoloate!

I do, however, plan to knock out some {late}summer reading. Seeing how September is quickly approaching, I need to check off some August goals that I set for myself a few speedy-weeks back. 


I dropped by my local library today and picked up this weekend's cast of characters:
The Widow of the South... "follows the saga of Carrie McGavock, a lonely Confederate wife who finds purpose transforming her Tennessee plantation into a hospital and cemetery during the Civil War."
The Glass Castle..."is a memoir by Jeannette Walls. The book recounts her and her siblings' unconventional, poverty-stricken upbringing at the hands of their deeply dysfunctional parents."
Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet... is "about the love and friendship of a Chinese boy and a Japanese girl during the Japanese internment in World War II."

I'll keep you posted about my pool-side adventures!

What are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

  1. The Glass Castle is super depressing and you will find yourself wondering how do people like this have children?! Enjoy!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete