Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Beginning: Part 2

If you missed it, here is The Beginning: Part 1

It was the day after Christmas (and I got a new point-and-shoot camera, hence all the pictures) and Josh and I had planned to have a fun and relaxing day with each other. All week we had been talking about going ice skating and it seemed like the perfect time to go; even though we had wanted to go every winter, in the 5 years we had been dating not once had we found time to do it. 

I'd like to take a tangent right here and say ice skating always looks so graceful and fun but really it's just awkward and makes your ankles hurt. It wasn't nearly as romantic as what I had pictured in my head!
But we had a lot of fun and I don't recall anyone embarrassing themselves too badly.

Next, we ran errands for my brother. He needed some things done at his apartment and Josh was just the man to fix them. (Can you see why I had no idea the 'question' was coming- it was a completely ordinary day!) This is another reason why I knew Josh was a keeper- he loves Derek as much as he loves me. And as you can tell, the feeling is mutual.
By now I was getting hungry so Josh suggested we head downtown to get some grub. Little did I know, he was imagining the beautiful scenery to be a perfect backdrop to our engagement; I was just focusing on getting me some chicken fingers! (Strange craving....even stranger that I remember). We decided to walk along the river path and over a bridge to watch the sunset. And while we were wrapped up in each other's arms, Josh started talking about how wonderful life was together and how much he loved me. Josh then pulled away, got down on one knee, and told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He then asked if I wanted the same. With tears in my eyes I excitedly said shouted 'Yes!' and we embraced for what seemed like forever.
This engagement was so 'us'. So perfect. AND I got my chicken fingers in the end!
Seriously, the best moment of my life...this is until May 14, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment