Sunday, April 24, 2011

Singing in the Rain

Man, this spring weather is killing me! If you aren't sick of rain yet, just give it a few more days...
But as the saying goes, "April Showers Bring May Flowers".... but my flowers arrived a little early this year.
Last weekend Josh and I spent the day working in the yard and giving the exterior of our house a spring face lift. Last year we just bought a lot of the same kind of flowers; this year we went crazy and bought random flowers of all shapes and colors. Let me introduce the cast of characters:
Verbenas
White Verbenas
Neon Star Dianthus
Salvias
Zinnias
Royal Gerbera Daisy
Zonal Geranium
Mounding Perennials- flowers large white blooms in June and attracts hummingbirds!
 Caladium
I don't know the name of these...but they are beautiful!


And, like last year, Josh did all the hard work while I took pictures. He's such a trooper! I'm lucky to have a man who enjoys yard work. 
This past week our new additions have been soaking up all this yummy water; now Josh and I get to sit back and watch them grow. However a little sunshine might help that process...

What is your favorite flower?  My favorite is lilies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment