Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week 23: Maternity pants convert

My what a difference 10 weeks will make! 

According to my weekly emails, here is what Baby C is up to this week: 

"Your baby is practicing her "breathing" on the amniotic fluid—sucking it in and out of her lungs.  Fat production is in overdrive at this point… Your baby will basically double in weight over the next four weeks! Her body is looking more proportional now and her facial features are fully formed. "

I'm glad she is looking more "normal" and proportional, as I definitely don't want an alien baby (although, let's be honest, newborns aren't that cute anyway).
Outfit credit to my generous mom who took me shopping.
3 pairs of pants, 2 dresses, and a shirt later, I was one happy pregnant lady.

My belly has expanded so much since I last checked in. A mere three weeks ago I was still buttoning my jeans, but I am now fully converted to maternity pants. While I'm sure I could still wear a few pre-pregnant pants, why would I want to? Maternity pants are WAY more comfortable; I don't know what took me so long. 

Besides stocking up on new clothes, Josh and I were also busy in the nursery. My sweet and perfect grandmother bought Baby C a crib (and mattress) and we couldn't wait to put it together. It took me a long time to find a crib that not only matched my style, but also came in white. In the future it can convert to a toddler, day, and full-sized bed. Score!


Now for the deets: 

Baby's size: The length and weight of a Harry Potter book.

Total weight gained: 8 pounds.

Symptoms: I think my abs, particularly my obliques, are slowly becoming affected as it is getting harder for me to roll around in bed or on the couch. It also harder for me to get comfortable sitting or laying down and I find myself tossing and turning at night. Getting up multiple times during the night is now considered normal; I've been told to expect this for the next 10 years of my life. 

Something new: Baby Girl has been moving so much this week, and her movements are getting stronger and more predictable. About 30 minutes after I exercise or after I lay down for the night she'll start kicking away. I can even see and feel it from the outside. 

Best moments: Besides feeling her move around (which of course are Best Moments #1), I really enjoyed going to a breastfeeding/newborn care class with Josh. The free class was held at Terra Tots, a local natural parenting store in Fayetteville that not only has amazing products but is a wealth of information to the community. Since we are planning to cloth diaper, they have been our go-to source for information (Yes, I will blog more on cloth diapering at some point). I am so thankful we have access to such amazing and knowledgeable people.

Most excited about: Our Little Rock shower is next weekend and I can't wait! I am so eager to see all our friends and family and celebrate our Sweet One. 

Things bought for baby: We purchased a humidifier since Baby is due during the cold winter months, but really Josh is congested and we needed it now. Let's just say we are "borrowing" it from Baby for the time being. My mom bought me some maternity clothes and a beautiful glider and my grandmother bought a crib and mattress. This is one loved baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment