Monday, May 9, 2011

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Inspirational, right? It makes me want to get off my couch and explore the world. I love to travel (but honestly, can't everyone say that?), and I am blessed to have done some pretty exciting things in my life:

 Attended a USA soccer game
Spread the Good News for 2 months in South Africa 
 Traveled South Korea
 Lived in Australia for 3 months
Skydived in New Zealand
 Watched the sunrise in Hawaii
 
Visited Central America multiple times
Spent a week in the British Virgin Islands
Ran not one, not two, but three half marathons
And married the love of my life

But I want to do more. I am itching to be spontaneous and 'catch the trade winds'. I think at 25, you are meant to feel that way- like your life is just beginning and there is still so much more to accomplish. 

I want to...
visit all 7 continents (only 3 more to go!)
step foot in all 50 states
hike the Appalachian Trail
buy a boat and learn to sail it 
learn another language
run a marathon
run a 200-mile relay

I've never created an official bucket list because I could never list all the things I want to do. We are only given a short time on this earth, and while I know my purpose is much more than traveling, that doesn't lessen my desire to experience everything I can.

So heres to throwing off the bowlines and sailing away from the harbor!

What will be your next adventure?

2 comments:

  1. My next adventure is moving to Asheville where I don't know anyone, with 2 roommates I don't know, without a job or a plan other than to attend school for fall semester (domestic exchange program). I'm ridiculously excited!

    ReplyDelete