Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Week's Diary


Warning this is way too long of a blog post:
As promised, I wanted to report my week of eating and exercising in hope to tackle these newly wed pounds. This week I made an extra effort to workout daily and attempt to eat healthy. I didn't always follow through but I did better than expected:

Monday

I ate a simple breakfast of PB on toast and a small apple. For lunch: tuna sandwich, grapes, and pretzels. Work was a little hectic (Mondays always are) so I treated myself with a small mocha…yum! After work, ate a protein bar before I headed to the gym. For dinner, grilled chicken with lemon, basil, and olive oil marinate, roasted red potatoes and veggies.

  Gym: 60 minute spin class. This was my first attempt at a cycling class and it kicked my butt! My booty and legs ached the next day.

Tuesday
For breakfast I had a bowl of cereal (boring). For lunch, I went for the same as Monday, except strawberries instead of grapes. Dinner: I sliced the grilled chicken from last night and ate it atop of spinach lettuce and strawberries with lite balsamic vinaigrette. Eek! I love these kinds of salads. 
Gym: 60 minute body sculpting class. It was 'okay', but I doubt I'll go back. It consisted of strength training for all muscles groups, but it wasn't intensive enough for me. Nothing like good 'ole Bodypump.

Wednesday

This was our 2-month ‘anniversary’. Yay! For breakfast and lunch, I practically had the same boring stuff I always have. But for dinner I made Pioneer Woman’s amazing Summer Stir-fry that Josh and I love! We have made this multiple times; it’s one of the few ways I can get Josh to eat veggies.  

Gym: Treadmill for 45 minutes-running/walking. Abs and lots of stretching! I love stretching!

Thursday

Josh made waffles for breakfast! Yum! Since I ate so heavy that morning, I packed an extra healthy lunch: roasted potatoes, squash and zucchini, grapes, an apple, and a protein bar (latter two I ate later in the day). 

Unfortunately, there was a pot-luck at work. I tried to be good, but I couldn’t resist the wonderful desserts. Oops. Then, when I got home, I was so hungry I finished off the waffles from that morning. Then helped myself to a bowl of cereal. 
Gym: NOTHING! Yep, that’s right. Not only did I eat horribly, but I didn’t even work out. Oh, well. No sweat of my back-literally.

Friday
Since Thursday was slacking (to say the least), I had grapes and an apple for breakfast. For lunch, there was a second potluck this week. And when there is a  shmorgishborg(?) of food, how can one limit themselves to a salad and veggies? So I helped myself to pastas, breads, and desserts. Oh, it was good. Feeling a little guilty, I was making myself go to the gym; even if Josh wasn't going to meet me there. He was cleaning the house becuase my wonderful family was passing through on their way to Springdale! They were on their way to see my brother and cousin off to Special Olympics National Games in Nebraska. For dinner we went to Market Place Grill and I had a lovely salad topped with strawberries and water chestnuts and their special blueberry dressing. YUM! I love fresh summer salads!
Gym: 2.5 mi run, with extra 35 minutes of the elliptical. Burn those calories!

Saturday
Josh and I visited our good friends Jacob and Jessi Leonard in Fayetteville. We ate way too much and, unless you consider karaoke exercise, I didn't work out. Nevertheless, it was an awesome day with friends and we always enjoy spending time with them.
 
If you made it this far into this blog, Bravo! I would give you a prize if I could. You must be a really good friend, or just really bored. But as for my week of healthy living, I would rank it about a 3, using my "Healthy Eating Scale"** as a guide. Not too bad, but it could be better....

**Healthy Eating Scale
1. Gorging and satisfying every desire
2. Eating junk, but throwing in some nutrition
3. Eating well, but need to satisfy a few too many cravings
4. Aware of what I'm putting into my body and making smartER decisions
5. So healthy, you'd think I was crazy




2 comments:

  1. Last night I went to bed determined to get up this morning and work out. Massive fail. Your meals for the week looked really yummy, though — not always an easy thing for healthy food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok 2 things...I LOVE bodypump! I am so bummed that I can't find it anywhere here in Salt Lake City...I went to it religiously when we lived in Virginia! I miss it!
    and second...I love that super cute apron you're sporting!

    ReplyDelete