Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 35: Catching up

Whew. Man things have grown since I last checked in (aka: 4 weeks ago!)


These pictures were taken last Saturday when I was exactly 35 weeks pregnant. At that time I was feeling large, uncomfortable, and finally feeling super pregnant. I don't know if something has changed, but the past few days I have felt great. Yes, it is difficult to squat and bend over. Yes, my maternity clothes aren't fitting quite as loosely as they were. And yes, sleep isn't what it use to be. But overall I feel blessed to be as mobile and active as I am this late in pregnancy.



At the beginning of January I joined a prenatal fitness group that meets six times a week for cardio, strength training, and yoga. I am absolutely in love. Not only has it motivated me to get off my butt, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something good for Baby and me. Prenatal yoga has done wonders for the tightness of my hips and back. And I feel so thankful to be surrounded by knowledgeable instructors that are helping me prepare my body for labor.

On Tuesday ( at 35 weeks and 3 days) we went to the doctor where we were told that Baby is low and ready to go and I am 20% effaced. The doctor guessed that if we make it until due date, she may be 7 pounds, possibly smaller. That would follow history as Josh and I were both 6.something pounds at birth. If she is anything like her momma she may come early, which means we better kick preparation in gear!

Baby size: The doctor estimated about 5 pounds.

Total weight gain: According to the doctor's scale I have gained exactly 20 pounds. Right on track.

Symptoms: Reflux has finally made an appearance- no heartburn as of yet, but a constant "full" feeling. And I suppose my body is prepping me for a newborn because I am up multiple times a night to pee and it takes me forever to fall back asleep.

Things checked off the to-do list: Washed all clothes up till 3 months, washed all bedding and sanitized borrowed items, completed about 75% of the Thank You notes from showers,

Things on the to-do list: Finish up the details in her nursery, prep her cloth diapers, and FINALLY DECIDE ON A NAME!

1 comment:

  1. You look great Alex!! Sleep during those final weeks is rough...then it just becomes a whole different kind of rough ;) but you'll have a cute little baby which makes it a little more bearable.

    ReplyDelete