Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ringing in 2013

Happy 2013!


How did you ring in the new year? Did you attend a fantastic party with your friends? Or did you stay snuggled up with your honey? Either way, I hope it was wonderful and safe.

Josh and I had to work on New Year's Day, so we stayed home for a quiet night of bean chili and a marathon of Homeland. I tried to stay up until midnight, but a mere 30 minutes short, I threw in the towel at 11:30. I think I remember Josh waking me up at midnight to give me a New Year's kiss; what a prince.

If you know me, you know I absolutely love lists. And is there a better list than one of your new year's resolutions?! I think not. Now, if you look at my 2012 resolutions, you'd see that I'd get a big fat F for fail. Apparently, my 2012 self was a little over zealous at predicting my accomplishments. I skipped out on the marathon, definitely did not hold a 5 minute plank, didn't race in 4 new states, and definitely didn't resist the sweets.

Who cares?! I sure didn't lose sleep over the 'failed' resolutions.

But it is now 2013 and time to set new hopes and goals for the next 12 months. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be a big year!

1. Run a marathon.
Dandgumit, I'm actually gonna do this one. I have a race lined up, and a friend to train with. I just pray for my body to stay healthy and to not go crazy during long runs.
2. Go to Europe and stay on budget.
Traveling overseas can get pricey and out of hand quickly. I hope I can plan well and keep Josh focused enough to stay within our determined budget. Goal = not to be broke upon return.
3. Finish Rosetta Stone-Italian.
Ideally, I would be able to do this before we go to Europe.
4. Read at least 1 book a month.
This may seem like a small amount, but this is a totally manageable goal for me. Though I love to read, I never make time for it.
5. Save 20% of our income.
With our European travels, this may be more difficult than anticipated. But I love a good saving challenge.

Eek! It makes me excited just thinking about all the possibilities that lay (or lie? I can never remember) ahead.

May your 2013 be filled with excitement, love, and lots of good food!

Happy goal-setting!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment