Friday, December 28, 2012

In a Slump

We've all been there- eager to get out and hit the pavement; excited to sweat and push your body. But then the excitement wears off and the motivation fades. Staying in bed sounds much sweater than getting out in the cold; and cuddling up by the fire with your honey is much more tempting than heading to the gym after work.

This time of year I always find myself full of excuses not to exercise. It's cold. It's dark. My belly aches from eating mounds of banana pudding.

But I know the one thing that gets my booty off the couch and my feet in some Asics. Two magic words that gets my blood pumpin' and the music on my iPod blarin': Race Registration.

I've been stalking MarathonGuide.com like it's my job, searching for the perfect 2013 races. I have many races that are maybes and a few that are definite! Maybe some PRs. Maybe some PDRs. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's not time for New Year resolutions yet.

I am mentally allowing myself to stay in this slump until the new year. I'm letting my body and my mind take a break from the year-of-constant-training (aka: 2012). But come January 1st, I'm lacing up my Asics and strapping on the Garmin. And boy, am I excited!

Happy slumping,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment