Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lately in 2013

Who wants to join me in questioning where January went? And who stole half a February?  Time has been slipping by, but in a good way. I've been so busy with work, hanging with friends, and doing new things that my week flies by in anticipation for the exciting weekend, which of course happens too quickly.

Isn't that how life goes? You are so busy doing life that you don't even notice the days going by. I'm loving every second of it. And now, here are my recent happenings of the year.


Lately in 2013

1. I'm an athletic volleyball star. 
Well, "athletic" and "star" is relative. And by relative, I mean kinda not true. Josh and I are on a recreational volleyball team and while we are all amazing, our team hasn't quite won a single match. Or a single game. But I have hope. We all have skills and are determined to win. Plus with Josh as obsessed as he is, we have to win or I'll have a very unhappy husband the rest of the season. Nobody wants that.
Coach and Volleyball Master says "We MUST win!"
2. I have hair and a lot of it.
In a few short hours, I went from this:
to this:
 And I love it! Goodbye fine, thin hair and hello long locks.

3. I have a new boyfriend.
Seriously, Mr. Maddux is the sweetest, cuddliest, funniest baby that I get to love on. I particularly love that his mama trusts me to keep him for hours at a time, even though I have limited baby experience. But it's much more experience than my husband, who pats him on the head like a dog. But I think he's getting the hang of it. 

4. I have the most fun siblings ever.
A 10-year old and a 30-year old who is like a 10-year old sure keep me young. Derek keeps me posted on the latest Razorback happenings and Jaden makes sure I know the cool, new lingo. Thanks to them I am one hip sister.
Last weekend the whole family came up to Northwest Arkansas for the Special Olympic Winter Games and us sibs had some great bonding time. Plus we got to celebrate our mom's 50ish 29th birthday. It was a much needed weekend of family togetherness. Even though I only live 3 hours away, I don't see them near enough.

5.  I choose Josh as my Valentine over my young boyfriend. 
Nine years of Valentines with my best friend and they only get better. Like every year, we kept it low key with cards and chinese takeout. I think we both nailed card-selection this year.
To her
To him
6. I'm a runnin' fool.
I sometimes question my sanity getting up on Saturday at 5:30 in sub-freezing degree weather, but I love running in a I-hate-it kinda way. Good thing I have dedicated running buddies and ever-changing routes that make my runs go by fast and have me looking forward to next time I get to hit the pavement. 
17 miles. Say what?!

My next few months are scheduled with weddings, races, European vacations, and maybe a volleyball win or two, so it doesn't look like life will be slowing down anytime soon. Bring it on. 

What have you filled your 2013 days with? Lots of fun, friends and family? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex, I nominated you for a Liebster Award, check it out @ www.makemetwirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete