Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm a Grown-up

Early last week, I had to say goodbye to my super awesome car. And by "had to" I mean "get out of my drive way asap!" While it was super fun to drive and I couldn't have asked for a cooler car to have during college (thanks mom!), I have come to realize that I am a grandma and I now prefer comfy seats for my aching bones and extra cargo space for my rocking chair and doll collection. 
Here I am a few years ago enjoying the coolness of my car with friends. How young and carefree I was back then...
After two years of saving for a new car, Josh and I finally put it to good use this weekend. Holding that much money in my hands was a little overwhelming. I felt a tug of my heart when we handed the cash-wad over, but I think Josh and I made a pretty good trade.
Introducing the Clark's new ride: the Ford Edge
The leather seats are oh so comfy. The ride is oh so smooth. And the inside has oh so much space. 

Being a grown-up is oh so much better!


1 comment:

  1. Vrroom vroom! Are you enjoying your new car? Congrats, those things are nice! It was one of the ones the hubs and I looked at, too. And that wad of cash? Be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete