Sunday, June 22, 2014

Stitch Fix: My June Box

Last Thursday I received my June Stitch Fix, and guys let me tell ya, it was a good one! 

If you don't know by now, Stitch Fix is a personal styling service that delivers five items of clothing or accessories based on your personal style and budget. You can schedule the box as often as you'd like. You keep the things you like and send everything else back in a pre-paid envelope (just stick it in the mailbox- easy peasy). There is a $20 styling fee that is deducted from the price of the items you keep. And if you decide to keep everything in your box you get a 25% discount.

I feel like my stylist, Shannon, nailed this box! She included so many fun pieces to integrate into my wardrobe. The main reason I love this service so much is the convenience- things get delivered to my door step, I try it on with my current wardrobe, and send back what I don't want.

Plus, the style inspiration ideas are stupid-proof. Perfect for someone like me!

So lets see whats in my box, shall we...

1. Renee C Striped Maxi Skirt $58.00
Even though you can't tell, this skirt is the perfect length; not too short to show my ankles and not too long to drag the ground. The material is light and perfect for summer. It is a tad pricer than I would prefer- if I would have seen this skirt at Target, I wouldn't have even tried it on because of the price- but that is the catch22 of this service. I already had it in my home, tried in on with some shirts, and decided I liked to too much to send back. A definite winner. Keep.

2. 41 Hawthorn Striped A Line Skirt $58.00
I loved the idea of this skirt. It is a good sturdy material, I liked the pattern and loved the length. Although it fit great in the butt/legs, the waist was a tad tighter than I felt comfortable with. Send back.

3. 41 Hawthorn Wrap Dress $46.00
I really liked the price of this dress. The material was a good quality and, though it is hard to tell, I really liked the abstract design. However, the bust and shoulder area were a bit too baggy and frumpy. This was a size medium and I feel that a small would have fit much better. Send back.

4. Papermoon Pasadena Crochet Blouse $48.00
This top is very similar to something on my Pinterest board (which I have connected to my Stitch Fix profile so my stylist can browse through what I've pinned). The crocheted detail makes me feel so dainty and sweet. I love the scalloped trim and the (unpictured) zipper up the back. Although Josh wasn't the biggest fan, this was a Keep.

5. Fun2Fun Gradient Stripe Tank $38.00
This tank is so very me. I love the fading stripes, the silk fabric, and the difficult-to-see pockets on the front. It is very comfortable and light and the material makes it easy to dress up or down. This was an easy decision. Keep.

Seriously, super fun. Right? I've already worn two of the three kept items, and I've received complements on both! Everyone I've talked to really seems to love this idea and I can't recommend it enough. 

Please use my referral link if you want to get your own Stitch Fix. It will give me  $25 to put toward my next box and you will get a fun and personalized box at your front door. And let me know what you get in your box too! 


4 comments:

  1. I love your idea...you r beautiful...I must say though that stripes across on skirts do not do u justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Fun2Fun striped tank! And a great price too!

    I haven't had any luck with skirts and dresses in my last few Fixes either but I love the maxi you got! :)

    Kerry / / www.xokerry.com

    ReplyDelete