Saturday, March 3, 2012

Last Minute Goals NOLA Rock N Roll

As I'm typing this, I am sitting next to my husband in a tiny, beautiful New Orleans hotel with a million of butterflies in my stomach. Tomorrow is the New Orleans Rock and Roll half marathon and I'm just now trying to devise a game strategy. Since dropping down from the full 26.2 miles to the half marathon, I've had a hard time deciding how I was going to run this race. But I've put it off a bit too long. So, that being said, here are some last minute goals for race day:
A. Finish sub 2:18 (which would be a new PR!)
B. Finish at 2:15. (my ideal goal)
C. Negative splits (run the second half faster than the first half)

Since this is suppose to be such a flat course, I really want to set another PR. You never know how things will go on race day, so if all else fails I just want to have fun.

And having fun will definitely not be a problem because we are in The Big Easy with my mom and step dad! My step dad is from New Orleans so we are getting the royal treatment. I absolutely love this city!

No comments:

Post a Comment