Sunday, December 19, 2010

Breakfast and Bingo

This weekend was spectacular! Josh and I drove to Little Rock for my family's Christmas get together and it was wonderful to see all of my extended family. I look forward to this every year, but this was the first year that my great grandfather wasn't there. My sweet Papa passed away earlier this year at the wonderful age of 95 and it wasn't quite the same without him. Because of him and Granny, my great grandmother, I am blessed to have such great relationships with great aunts and uncles, and even 2nd and 3rd cousins. It was great to see every one again!

The family met early Saturday morning for a giant breakfast- my favorite! The men of the family start cooking at 8:00am and we dig in by 9:00! Yum!

My sweet Pops. Isn't he quite handsome?

After we scarf down breakfast, we gather around a huge circle and plan a mean game of Dirty Santa. If you don't know the rules, you should learn. (Except we have no limit on the number of times a gift can be stolen...makes the game last longer and increases the amount scheming. Hehe)

The men went first this year. Josh got #13...out of 13 men- couldn't have picked better!

Can you guess what Uncle Scott got? Derek doesn't like to give his place away- very mysterious.

The boy gifts are boring: tools, lights, blah. So lets move right on to the woman gifts!

I picked #2...horrible luck!

But thats okay, cause I got some beautiful Christmas serving-ware! Score! Perfect for this newlywed!

After all the presents are open and stolen, we move onto Bingo!! Ooh, how I love our Bingo game. Mainly because there are presents for every Bingo!

Derek was pretty proud of his prize.

Of course we had some family portraits.

I am so amazingly blessed to have such an awesome family! Christmas time is truly the best time of year. Not because of the beautiful lights or the many gifts, but because of the memories made and the quality time spent with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment