Sunday, November 7, 2010

Recovery, Ect.

It has been 11 days since my IT band fiasco. 11 miserable days of icing, stretching, and no running. Oh, I have attempted to run. Twice. Neither one being successful. The latest one was today and after 10 minutes of a run/walk trial, I forced myself to stop. I didn't want to do push myself like last time and end up hobbling around the hospital for 2 days. Defeated, I curled up in my husband's lap and had a good cry. Twice. It makes it bitter-sweet that my amazing running buddy checked off an awesome solo-10 miler today. It has definitely been a pity-party at the Clark abode. Guest list: Me.

With the race 2 weeks away, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. Worst-case scenario, I suppose I can always walk 13.1 miles. Right?

Since the running hiatus, I have devoted myself to some strength training and yoga this week. It's been kinda nice waking up to sore triceps and abs.

On another note, Josh and I visited our beautiful library today (seriously, it's huge) and we both picked up some fun reads. A suggestion from one of my favorite Healthy Living bloggers, Caitlin, I choose to tackle In Defense Of Food by Michael Pollen.


Pollen's simple message being "Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much." Can it really be that simple? I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment