Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Cliche New Year Reflection




























2017 is coming to a close and now is the time that I, along with most people, like to reflect on the past 12 months. There is something important about taking a step back, holding the year at arms length, and giving it a once over. I'm resisting the urge to list off all the disappointments of this year - of all the unmet goals and not-even-started tasks. I constantly compare my house, my fitness, my style, and my life with people; people who seemingly have more, do more, and are more than me. So, today I'm going to deny my nature and focus on all we have accomplished. Plus, that means you'll get pictures. Because who likes a post without pictures? 

-We finished* two rooms from top to bottom. The work and time this took was more than we imagined but we are extremely happy with the results. Now to actually fill them up...
Painting is the best part of any project. 
*The closets are sans shelves and doors, but who really cares about closets...

-We traveled a bit, Josh more than me. We took a long weekend to Kansas City for some family fun and lots of beer. It was our first time traveling with Link, and it was a different ballgame. In September, Josh and I headed west and had quite the adventure. And Josh traveled all over the country for "work".
Kansas City, Boulevard Brewing Co


Arches National Park

Backpacking the Ozark National Forest
Alta Peak in Sequoia National Park
Long's Peak-Josh's first 14'er

-Link got out of diapers, out of his crib, and turned 2. So, basically, he's leaving for college soon. 


-We made it three long, fast, bittersweet years without Olivia. This may have been our year's biggest accomplishment yet.


-My doctor finally gave me the clear that I am cancer-free. I'm still getting monitored every few months, but currently no more tests are in my future. Hip hip hooray! We celebrated the news with ice cream.


I'm sad to see 2017 go; it was very good to us. But I'm eager to see what 2018 has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment