Sunday, January 2, 2011

The New Year

Happy New Year!
(picture from Jessi)

I can't believe 2010 is over and we are in the year of two-thousand-eleven...Where are the flying cars? Shouldn't we be teleporting by now?

We started 2011 off right: with a dance party, games, great food, and amazing friends.
(Picture from Jessi)

I would like to make a big statement and say the 2010 was easily the best year of my life. This past year was HUGE in every way possible:

Josh and I rang in the 2010 New Year newly engaged and spent the first 4 months planning the start of our marriage.

In the same weekend, I graduated with my master's degree in Speech Language Pathology and married the most amazing man I've ever met.

And I watched many dear friends marry their best friends as well.

Then we moved 2 1/2 hours away from friends and family so I could pursue an amazing job opportunity.

Oh, and I ran two half marathons.

Now that 2011 is here and shining with new possibilities, I am eager to set some new year resolutions! I love making resolutions; I love having goals for the year and being able to cross it off the list! Previous resolutions include:
No fast-food for the year - Accomplished x2 without a hitch!
No soda for a year- easy peesy.
Run a 5K- I used the Couch-2-5K program and it changed my life.
Run a half marathon- Check x3!

I have so much to hope for in 2011 and I know I can accomplish it all! My 2011 resolutions include:

1. Run a 5K, 10K, and half marathon; and set a new PR
I want to be comfortable racing across all distances and I love the idea of diversifying my racing experiences, especially with 10Ks. And I want to work on speed as well!

2. Save 20% of our yearly income
Josh and I have so many things we want to plan for, but I was raised with the mindset that, if you don't have the money for it, you can't buy it. So if I want that new car, we better save-save-save because taking out a loan is not an option! And even though we aren't ready to buy a house, it's never to early to start saving!

3. Take a photography class
I'm a newbie when it comes to my SLR camera and I'd love to become a better photographer! I plan to take a simple 'How-To' class and see where it goes from there.

4. Become more confident in my sewing abilities.
This will just take time and practice. Bring on the projects!

May all your 2011 dreams and wishes come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment